This cake has 3 parts, which can be prepared a day before or after if needed. The good thing about this cake is that it uses completely natural frosting and filling, with no use of coolwhip or any other hydrogenated oil or preservatives. It also uses regular cream cheese. The more expensive mascarpone cheese can be used if you like, for example for special occasions.
II. Coffee syrup
III. Two Toppings
Below is the recipe, with ingredients you will need in the overhang of the paragraphs.
White cake mix
Eggs, oil and water, as specified in cake mix instructions
- Obtain two round 8” or 9″ cake pans.
- Prepare the white cake mix as per instructions.
- Distribute the batter evenly between both cake pans. Make sure to remove any bubbles by slightly banging atop the counter.
- When cakes are done remove from oven and cool in safe place.
Take 8 oz. package of low-fat cream cheese out of the refrigerator.
II. Coffee ‘Syrup’
Make the coffee syrup while the cakes cool. The frosting needs to be made last.
¾ cup water
2 TBsp sugar
3 TBsp instant coffee
2 TBsp Khalua
- In a small saucepan add the above ingredients, stirring together until completely dissolved.
- Set this aside in a safe place.
III. Stabilized Whipped Cream
2 cups heavy whipping cream
½ cup – ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
2 tsp unflavored gelatin (about one package) + 3 TBsp cold water
- Obtain 1 small bowl + 2 large bowls for use with the electric mixer.
- In the small bowl add the cold water and sprinkle gelatin over the water evenly.
- Let it sit about 10 minutes until gelatin soaks up the water.
- Place the bowl over low heat and stir with small utensil. Once gelatin is liquid and fully dissolved, remove from heat.
- Before it can be added to the whipped cream it needs to be cooled to almost room temperature. Do not allow to solidify again!
- Add the whipping cream to a large bowl and beat until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until halfway done.
- Add the gelatin gradually while whipping on high. Continue until cream is done, stopping before it starts to separate.
- Remove from electric mixer and place in refrigerator.
- In the other large bowl, add the 8 oz. of low-fat cream cheese and 1 tsp. of instant coffee granules.
- Whip with the same beater until cream cheese is of smooth consistency about 5 minutes. (The residual amount of whipped cream on the beaters is OK since we will add more whipped cream in the end).
- With a spatula or large spoon, fold in about 2/3 cup of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Place in refrigerator.
BUILDING THE CAKE
- Carefully trim any excesses off the cakes that would prevent them from stacking uniformly atop each other. (For example the convex mound in the middle formed when baking). When manipulating the cake, be careful not to let it crack or break.
- Working on top of foil or plastic wrap, drizzle the syrup onto the two cakes, making sure to distribute evenly.
- Let the cakes absorb the syrup for about 10 minutes
- Working on a protective foil or plastic wrap: position the bottom cake and add the cream cheese frosting on top.
- Add the second cake on top of the cream cheese layer then add the whipped cream frosting.
- Gently sprinkle the top with cocoa powder, using a mesh strainer if desired.
- ~~For decorative purpose you could add paper “stencils” to the frosting that would be peeled off after adding the cocoa.~~
- Using a spatula or other device, lift the cake and place onto the pedestal or final destination.
While the world is headed for another crash again
Even while the factors build up
There is a call from God to come out of that train
There is a call out of that cycle
But many can be completely convinced by arguments lacking light, by apathy and other bondage
In your spirit
I am relaxed
I am healed
I am lighted up from inside
I am in the oasis
In your eyes I am elevated
In your gaze I blossom
And I gladly produce flowers for you that I give with joy
In your heart I am celebrated
In your arms I am safe
Sometimes what people give to you (bitterness, hatred, judgement) has nothing to do with YOU in particular. It may be due to a stereotype based on movies, or past events in the news, or someone who personally traumatized them. Yet you are the receiver.
~~~Sometimes what people are giving to you has nothing to do with you in particular~~~
It is just one more layer of mud that each person must learn to navigate and fly above it
That is why it is better to be present in real-time rather than being self-absorbed and just projecting mental stuff, instead of noticing and appreciating those whose character is noble, those who treat you warmly, those whom you connect with.
People with mental issues or a visceral desires for particular things (whether it be sex, or even worse, violence) will also connect. Even people who like to remain cold and distant will connect best with those similar to them.
A poem I felt inspired from a deep place just now:
God wants you to come out of your death-trails,
one trail here, another trail there
that is an exploration in ‘fake’
God wants you to stop going for the rocks wrapped in gold wrapping-paper,
and to seek and inherit the true gold from inside-out, 3-D (and more!)
My Lord, you are life, you are beautiful life indeed…!!
More than we can imagine through these cloudy soot-clad glasses of ours from this world